Darren has nearly 30 years of IT and Operations experience at senior leadership levels. Having transitioned from an IT professional in the early 2000's, Darren has successfully led large Operations teams across many sectors, including Aerospace, Hydraulics and Health Care to continue their path of growth and streamlining. He remains adept at helping organizations leverage technology to aid in their Operational performance, and often bridges the gap in communications between the two respective departments. He considers his skills of project management, leading change and driving for results to be among his key attributes.
Transformative Project Manager: Concurrently oversaw the successful integration of an acquisition which doubled our lab testing business and expanded our operation to include a new Laboratory in Western Canada in 2012.
Change Agent: Successfully migrated from an IT professional to an Operations leader with a focus on introducing CI tools, establishing key business indicators and elevating employee performance through companies such as: Bell, United Technologies, Dynacare, Eaton, and Honeywell, where my location was named Lean Site of the year within Honeywell Aerospace.
Quality Advocate: Instituted Quality RC/CA and CAPA reviews and projects using my Green Belt experiences to reduce COPQ and external escapes by 25%-50% at various companies.
RECENT BUSINESS EXPERIENCE
JEWAL CONSULTING & DATA MINING, London, ON 2011-Present
OWNER & PRINCIPAL CONSULTANT
HEALTHCARE SECTOR, London, ON 2011-2019
· Oversaw two Medical Laboratories and our suite of Collection Centers throughout Southwestern Ontario. Led or sponsored numerous key projects of growth (acquisition, new Laboratory/greenfield expansion, new testing revenue) and streamlining (new automation and technology tools, strategic review of Operations, Lean Six Sigma opportunities).
HYDRAULICS SECTOR, Guelph, ON 2008-2011
· Responsible for a hydraulics manufacturing facility, and integrating the new acquisition within the parent company's values, processes, metrics and structure.
AEROSPACE SECTOR, Amherst, NS 2007-2008
· Led a group of 10 Managers overseeing 200+ staff in Production, Quality, Engineering, Continuous Improvement and Maintenance teams manufacturing sheet metal components and assemblies for major airframe manufacturers. Continued to leverage standard work, push/pull systems and kanbans to improve delivery and quality performance.
AEROSPACE SECTOR, Summerside, PE 2004-2007
SITE LEADER, OPERATIONS MANAGER
· Responsible for the overall performance of an Aerospace Repair and Overhaul site, including introducing foundational tools such as balanced scorecards, data analytics tools, Operating systems, and ongoing KPI's.
AEROSPACE SECTOR, Halifax, NS 2001-2004
MANUFACTURING LINE MANAGER, IT MANAGER
· Responsible for the performance of two manufacturing lines producing aerospace engine components, while successfully migrating from an IT Professional and leading the teams through a period of transition (post 9/11).
PRIOR: Various IT Management & Professional Roles in Manufacturing and Service sectors
Bachelor of Science (Hon): Physics and Computing Science